- No spamming. This rule applies to both trade notes and offers, where spam is considered:
- Excessive posting. Posting the same thing multiple times on the same trade.
- Linking to other websites. Posting links to unrelated websites in offers (backpacks and Steam profiles are acceptable).
- Rudeness. Derogatory statements made regarding the value of the trade or listed prices.
If you wish to report a user for scamming or sharking, please have your evidence ready to show and file a report directly on the user's Outpost profile. You must have sufficient evidence to prove that they are a scammer, otherwise your report will be ignored.
- Please do not make trades with...
- Anything that breaks Steam's, or any third parties' TOS, including game selling and account trading.
- Raffles, paid or free.
- Items recently stolen from hijacked accounts.
- Brokered items from banned users.
- CD keys, game keys, gift codes, etc.
- Irrelevant pictures attached or in notes.
- Links to third-party websites, apart from relevant YouTube or image hosting websites.
- Games in exchange for real world money.
- Items whose features or placements foremost goal is to attract focus — using emoticons to spell words is an example of this.
- Side note: If you have a trade selling keys or some form of currency and have run out of stock, please close that trade. When you have stock, you can reopen it. This helps to keep the website clean of old and invalid trades allowing our users to trade much more efficiently.
These rules apply specifically to users advertising bot services on the website. If you aren't running a bot then you don't need to worry about this section.
- Full ownership disclosure. You may only advertise your bots under your main account. If your main account hasn't logged into the website before then you may use a single bot's account and state your main account as the owner in your trade notes. There is currently no restriction on the number of bots that you may list under your main account, but relisting rules still apply — one trade for each service (key banking, hat banking, etc).
- No fees. You cannot charge users to trade with your bot — if you wish to run a service like this then you should advertise your bot elsewhere.
- No trading with scammers. This is an extension of the rule disallowing users to trade with known scammers — your bot should use the SteamRep API to blacklist tagged users from trading.
- You are accountable for any trades that your bot makes with known scammers, users with a private profile or items that have been recently scammed. You should be taking as many measures as possible to prevent hijackers and scammers from profiting from their bad deeds. If your bots are found to be accepting scammed goods then you will be punished.
 An example for how to implement the SteamRep API with your bot can be found here.
We created the report system to help users notify our staff when there are users violating the rules so that we can take appropriate action. However, it's not to be used for everything, as outlined below.
- You should...
- Report trades and offers that are breaking the rules.
- Make your report clear and provide as much proof and information as possible.
- Report offers or trades that display prices you believe to be too high or too low (eg. "lowballs" or "highballs").
- Report unnecessarily. If the problem is minor and can easily be resolved by hiding the post, do just that. If the problem persists, feel free to report it.
- Mistake the 'Post Reply' field for the 'Report' button. Yes, it happens.
- Use the report function to threaten other users.
Note: Most rules are common sense and it would therefore be impossible to list all the things you could do to get yourself banned. This page is not acting as a complete list of bannable offenses — it instead aims to clear up some confusion about those rules that may not be obvious. All moderators and admins have the power to close trades as they see fit (with reason, of course). No ranks exempt you from the site rules. Users with premium status will not be refunded any duration of time lost if banned. Permanent bans will result in permanent revocation of premium status.